John LaRue over at TDYLF recently wrote a fun blog post called Fifty Wishes, which was just that: fifty things he wished for when it came to movies. I really like the idea, so I decided to
steal swipe borrow it for a post of my own. Make sure to head over to John’s blog and read the original post as well, though; he’s a great writer.
There may be some mild spoilers for certain movies in this list, but I’ve done my best to limit it to things that are either fairly common knowledge or what can be reasonably expected. Still, if you don’t want to know how Rocky ends, proceed at own peril.
(I’d like to apologize preemptively for any grammar mistakes. I pride myself on having a good grasp of the English language for someone who doesn’t have it as his primary tongue. However, “wish” is a tricky thing grammatically, and while I have tried to look up what verb forms to use, I’ve probably messed up here and there anyway.)
1. I wish Shannyn Sossamon were a major star.
2. I wish David Fincher will find better use for his considerable talent than directing the sequels to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
3. I wish to someday get the chance to see the unreleased Glitterati.
4. I wish I had gotten interested in movies earlier.
5. I wish all films ever made were available through digital distribution all over the world.
6. I wish there were a wider range of theaters around where I live.
7. I wish the story in Nine were as good as some of the song numbers.
8. I wish more screenwriters had the level of imagination that Charlie Kaufman has.
9. I wish I “got” war movies and westerns.
10. I wish Julie Delpy‘s plans to stop acting don’t come into effect before there’s a sequel to Before Sunset.
11. I wish Amélie lives happily ever after.